Sunday 1 May 2011

Set Decoration Course with Simon Wakefield


I have just completed a course with Simon Wakefield at Film Design International at Pinewood Studios. To be honest I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did but I loved the whole process. We broke down the script, marked on drawings the props we needed for the sets and went around different prop houses to choose the props and get a quote on how much they cost to hire. I learnt a lot and even though I think I would miss the design and make aspect of other roles in the art department I could definitely see myself set decorating for a few films!

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture! This sounds well fun :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you would love it actually, the prop houses are amazing! The course was the first time he ran it but if I see that he is doing it again I'll send you the link because it can so easily be applied to event design too. I wish we'd gone to the London prop houses with uni because it would have been so handy knowing they exist! x

    ReplyDelete