Sunday 1 May 2011

BBC's Toast


So I haven't updated my blog for a while but here we go. Every time I sit at my computer to update I feel like I'm back at school trying to start an essay. Hmm.
Right lets rewind back to the summer of 2010 when I worked in the art department of BBC's production of Toast. The sun was shining and England were still in the World Cup.
I spent the majority of my with the BBC running back and forth from the printers, art shops, shoot locations and sweet shops to find items to dress the set. Hours were spent searching around Birmingham City Centre finding props, collecting materials and of course dipping in and out of the odd pub to check on the football! Any props that we didn't have we had to create ourselves so we spent some time making sherbet fountains, grocery labels with 50's pricing's, and measuring carpets to see if there was enough to fit in the set. It was a great experience and was exciting to get my first credit on TV and imdb.com!
http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm4178687/#ArtDepartment


No comments:

Post a Comment